Thursday 10 March 2011

Dear Sumayya,

So it has been almost three months since I last updated? Oh time flew by so fast Sumayya. You're almost 10 months now, and you have started to crawl! Finally! You're very generous with your smile, and every time you are amused you grin, showing your toothless gum and you crinkle your nose. And I think you like babies. It's like you don't even realize that you are one yourself. You have started to learn to stand up on your own by hanging on to the sofa and chairs, and you have started to love your food. I was worried sick when you suffered heavy flu and cough last month because you refused to eat at all! But now you just love your rice crackers and rusks and home made porridge. Mama puts chicken, sometimes beef, sometimes fish with carrots, potatoes, cheese, onions and raisins and you love it. You still hate fruits though. I have tried papaya, watermelon and apple but you made face whenever I feed you it.

You also had your very first jeans, dresses and cardigan at this age. You are a big baby now Mama thinks its inappropriate for you to go out wearing romper anymore. You now dress up like a little adult! And oh you also did your first 'creative writing' only a few days ago. The first scribble you did was on Mama's face, the second one on your tiny little button nose, and then you started to get extra creative and you drew on Mama' breast and tummy during breastfeeding time. You never failed to make us laugh Sumayya. And a couple of days ago I came home and found you all comot with pen markings all over your romper, and foam playmat too. Arent you cute? Yes you are sayang.

As I'm typing this, you're fast asleep behind me, with your mouth partially open, looking like a really adorable human doll. Starting tomorrow I'll be having my school break for 9 days, I am looking forward to be spending a lot of quality time with you (and updating this blog as well). Thats one of the perks of being a teacher I guess? I get more holidays!

Talk to you later, Sumayya. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment